Dear Shasta Families,
We want to share a huge thank you to the 2016-2017 Shasta faculty. We have had a fantastic year full of many milestones, such as:
- First graduating class
- Facilities plans for our new building approved
- Historic enrollment and recruitment numbers
- 100% student acceptance into college
At this point in the year, we want to take a moment to share updates for faculty members who are moving on to other exciting opportunities next school year:
- Mr. Brefini will be moving back to Boston to be closer to his family where he will continue teaching Spanish.
- Ms. Kircher is excited to join the Summit Learning Team and work with schools implementing the Summit model throughout the country.
- Ms. Vocker will be joining the Summit curriculum team and working to develop curriculum for the elementary school level.
- Ms. Yang is moving to New York City to attend graduate school at Columbia Teacher’s College and is excited to spend some time raising her first child.
- Ms. Jones is excited to be teaching at a school where she can be closer to family and teach in a passion subject.
- Ms. Spring and Mr. Lee have completed their year of service through Americorps! We appreciate all of their hard work at Summit Shasta. Mr. Lee will be moving on to pursue graduate work and Ms. Spring will be joining the Summit K2 team as a history student teacher.
- Ms. Lara is moving to work as the Operations Manager at Summit Everest where she will be closer to her family and pursue a graduate degree in education.
We appreciate the hard work of all of these individuals. They will forever be a member of the Summit Shasta family. In the next few weeks, we will introduce you to our new team members. Excitingly, Summit Shasta is fully hired for next year! We will share full biographies of our new team once everyone has made their way to the Bay Area. Here’s to a great conclusion to the school year.
Caitlyn and Wren