- – PLT with Mentors from 2:20-3:30 Monday-Wednesday
- – Office Hours Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:30-5:00
- – PLT Thursday Morning with Mentors
- – Celebration of Learning: Wednesday, June 6th from 5:00-6:30: All students and families are invited to attend this celebration of Expeditions classes that showcases many of the incredible projects students have worked on this year.
- – Mentor Lunch for Class of 2018: Wednesday, June 7th: A long-standing Summit tradition, all senior mentor groups will engage in a celebratory lunch together on the last Wednesday of the school year. If mentor groups are planning to go off campus, a permission slip is required. Please check-in with your student regarding plans for their mentor group.
- – Mentor Lunch for Class of 2019, Class of 2020, and Class of 2021: Thursday, June 7th: A long-standing Summit tradition, all freshmen, sophomore, and junior mentor groups will engage in a celebratory lunch together on the last day of school. If mentor groups are planning to go off campus, a permission slip is required. Please check-in with your student regarding plans for their mentor group.
- – Graduation Rehearsal and Graduation: Thursday, June 7th: Seniors will be off campus on June 7th for graduation rehearsal and brunch (9:00-11:00 AM) and the graduation ceremony (5:00-8:00). Both are being held at the Scottish Rite Temple. Tickets are required to attend the graduation ceremony.
Wren and Ava
Please visit Summit Shasta on Facebook and follow us on Instagram at @SummitShastaOfficial.
UPCOMING EVENTS- PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- – 6/2- Shasta Junior/Senior Prom
- – 6/6- Expeditions Celebration of Learning 5:00-7:30
- – 6/7- Class of 2018 Graduation Ceremony at 6:00
- – 6/7- Last Day of 2017-2018 School Year for Students
**For a full list of upcoming events, please review our events calendar.**
Save The Date: Black Bear Day on August 11th
You are cordially invited to the “First Annual Black Bear Day” on Saturday August 11th from 11:00am – 2:00pm. We will be celebrating the GRAND OPENING of our new campus! There will be School Tours, Music, Food, Fall Sports Team info, Student Club Registration and MORE!
Please save-the-date and we look forward to seeing you on Black Bear Day!
Beginning June 11th, all Summit Public Schools will no longer be utilizing MySchoolBucks as a payment option. We will be introducing and sending out more information on the new payment option in our Summer Mailer (July 16th).
**Note all student Mealtime Balances are due June 8th.
Bliss Creations continues to take orders for their custom made Lei’s – make sure to mention Shasta when ordering as we will receive 10% of total sales – . NO LIVE/REAL FLOWERS OR BALLOONS ARE PERMITTED IN THE SCOTTISH RITE.
PARENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Save the Date: 6th Annual Summit Shasta Camping Trip August 16th and 17th
The 6th annual Summit Shasta camping trip is scheduled for August 16th and 17th!! In the next few weeks, we will be asking families to sign up if they are able to drive on the trip!
Looking for Parents to Help With Graduation
We are looking for a parents from the Class of 2019 to help with our graduation ceremony on Thursday, June 7th. If you are able to attend and help with ticket collection, please sign up here. If you are able to donate food to our graduation brunch, please sign up here!
Registration is Open for Fall 2018 Sports
Registration for fall sports at Shasta is now open! Please use this link to register for girls volleyball or cross country only.
Fall sports at Shasta will start on Monday, August 6, 2018. Exact start dates for each team may vary, and messaging will go to all registered athletes as we get closer to the start of the fall season.
In order to participate, all students wishing to participate in a fall sport MUST register by August 1, 2018 and have their updated medical form turned in to the school. If you do not have these completed, you will NOT be allowed to participate. If you are unsure of when your last sports physical was, please check with your doctor. The sports/medical packet can be found on the school website.
If you have any questions about registration, please contact our athletic director, Michael Lofberg, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class of 2018: College Application and Acceptances Updates
As of Friday, June 1st, 100% of the senior class has applied to at least one four year college or university! In addition, we are very excited to share that 95% of the seniors have already been accepted into the following colleges and universities:
- Arizona State University
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Butler University
- CSU Stanislaus
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Colorado Christian University
- Dominican University of California
- Evergreen State University
- Freed Hardeman University
- Indiana University: Bloomington
- Iowa State University
- Hampshire College
- Humboldt State
- Loyola Marymount University
- Mills College
- New Mexico Highlands University
- Newbury College
- Notre Dame de Namur
- Oregon State
- Pace University
- Portland State University
- Princeton University
- San Diego State University
- San Francisco State University
- San Jose State University
- Sonoma State University
- St. Mary’s College of California
- University of California – Berkeley
- University of California – Davis
- University of California – Irvine
- University of California -Los Angeles
- University of California – Merced
- University of California – Riverside
- University of California- San Diego
- University of California – Santa Barbara
- University of California – Santa Cruz
- University of Colorado – Boulder
- University of Minnesota
- University of Montana
- University of Puget Sound
- University of Southern California
- University of Utah
- Whittier College
- Willamette University