Greetings Black Bear Families,
We look forward to welcoming all students back to school this week at our new campus, 905 Campus Drive. Our new school can only be accessed on Campus Drive off of Hickey Blvd.
- – Tuesday, August 14th: All freshmen should attend this mandatory New Student Orientation. The day runs from 8:20-3:30 and is for students only. Students should bring a notebook and pencil. Brunch and lunch will be available for purchase or students are welcome to bring their own food.
- – Wednesday, August 15th: All students should attend this first day of school. The day runs from 8:20-3:30. Students should bring a notebook and pencil. Brunch and lunch will be available for purchase or students are welcome to bring their own food. The new Shasta campus does not have student parking. Students should use street parking on Callan or Hickey Blvd if they are driving to school.
- – Thursday, August 16th and Friday, August 17th: Shasta Camping Trip: We are in desperate need of drivers for our camping trip this week on August 16th and August 17th. We currently are short about 15 drivers on both Thursday and Friday. If we do not recruit enough drivers, we will have to cancel our trip. This overnight experience begins at 8:30 AM on Thursday and will end when students return to campus between 1:00-2:00 PM on Friday, August 17th. The campsite is located at 250 Scout Ranch Road in Boulder Creek, California. Even if you can only drive on one of the days, we could still use your help. If you are able to drive, please sign up here!
Wren, Ava, Adelaide, and SergioPlease visit Summit Shasta on Facebook and follow us on Instagram at @SummitShastaOfficial.
Calendar of Events: 2018-2019
For the 2018-2019 school year calendar, please click here!
To view the calendar of events for the school year, please click here!
6th Annual Summit Shasta Camping Trip
Thursday, August 16- Friday, August 17
- – Driving students to the camping site in Boulder Creek from 8:00-11:00 AM on Thursday, August 16th
- – Driving students home from the camping site in Boulder Creek from 11:00 AM- 2:00 PM on Friday, August 17th
- – Coordinating food for the camping trip
- – Spending the night and helping prepare meals on the camping trip.
10:30-12:00: Lunch and Mentor Bonding Activities
12:00-4:00: Breakout Sessions (Soccer, Volleyball, Hiking, Board Games, Art, etc.)
4:00-5:00: Camp Set-Up
6:30-8:00: Talent Show
8:00-10:00: Mentor Activities and Lights OutFriday, August 17th
8:30-9:30: Mentor Activities
9:30-11:00: Mentor Olympics
11:00-12:00: Clean Up Camp
1:00-2:00: Return to Shasta
Camping Trip Packing List
- – Bag Lunch for Thursday
- – Warm Clothing- Dress in layers. AT MOST, bring something to sleep in and one change of clothes.
- – Toiletries-AT MOST, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, face soap, and a small towel (to wash face)
- – Sleeping Bag & Pillow
- – Blanket/beach towel to sit on during the talent show
- – Flashlight-cell phone flashlights are not reliable.
- – Comfortable Walking Shoes (NOT sandals/flip flops!)
- – Mosquito Repellent
- – Refillable water bottle
- – Everything aside from sleeping bag and pillow should fit in one bag!
Information for Camping Trip Drivers
- – Driver Application
- – Picture of Current License
- – Picture of Current Registration
- – Picture of Current Insurance
Please email these completed forms and information to Maria Canjura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are Driving on Thursday:
- – 8:30 AM: 9th Grade Drivers and Students Arrive
- – 8:45 AM: 9th Grade Cars Depart
- – 9:00 AM: 10th Grade Drivers and Students Arrive
- – 9:15 AM: 10th Grade Cars Depart
- – 8:30 AM: 11th Grade Drivers and Students Arrive
- – 8:45 AM: 11th Grade Cars Depart
- – 9:00 AM: 12th Grade Drivers and Students Arrive
- – 9:15 AM: 12th Grade Cars Depart
Parents spending the night can eat the food at the campsite. It is recommended that parents bring their own tents and sleeping bags. Once at the campsite, a team of parents will be coordinating meal preparation- there is no need to volunteer in advance.
If you are Driving on Friday:
- – 11:45 AM: Drivers arrive at the campsite (250 Scout Ranch Road in Boulder Creek)
- – 12:00 PM: All 11th and 12th Graders depart for Summit Shasta
- – 12:15 PM: Drivers arrive at the campsite (250 Scout Ranch Road in Boulder Creek)
- – 12:30 PM: All 9th and 10th Graders depart for Summit Shasta