Letter from the Shasta Leadership Team
Dear Black Bear Families,
This week, 80 of our students got to participate in a unique opportunity- seeing the acclaimed, best-selling musical Hamilton!! In order to attend the show, students were tasked with analyzing primary sources from the American Revolution and using their research of the time period to create a 2 minute performance. Junior Julia Parr was chosen to represent Summit Shasta at the SHN Orpheum Theatre for her incredible monologue about Deborah Sampson, a woman who disguised herself as a man in order to serve in the Continental Army. You can watch it here! An enormous appreciation to faculty member Sarah Day Dayon for her work organizing this incredible event.
This week, Summit Shasta will be on a different schedule due to a holiday and study trips. Please see details about each day below.
- – Monday, April 1: No School- Cesar Chavez Day
- – Tuesday, April 2: 43-minute Classes
- – Wednesday, April 3: Friday Schedule at School, 11th Grade on Study Trip
- – Thursday, April 4: 9th, 10th, and 11th Grade on Study Trip, 12th Grade at school
- – Friday, April 5: 9th, 10th, and 11th Grade on Study Trip, 12th Grade at school following a Wednesday schedule
We look forward to a great week, both on and off campus!
Wren, Ava, and Adelaide
Please visit Summit Shasta on Facebook and follow us on Instagram at @SummitShastaOfficial.