Letter from the Shasta Leadership Team
Dear Black Bear Families,
As we near the end of the year, we want to share a huge thank you to the 2018-2019 Shasta faculty. In this newsletter, we would like to take a moment to share updates for faculty members who are moving on to other exciting opportunities next school year:
- – Ms. Alaly is finishing her 1-year commitment at Shasta and moving into a residency program at the Nueva School.
- – Ms. Daines is moving to teach at a middle school in Redwood City, closer to her home.
- – Mr. Dalton is moving back to San Diego and will continue teaching
- – Ms. Gross is moving back to Southern California to be closer to family and will continue working in high schools
- – Mr. Lim will be leading an autism research project at Stanford and also returning to a consulting firm he worked for in college.
- – Mr. McCarty will still work at Summit but will work across all Summit schools to support all teachers in professional development.
- – Ms. Pattabiraman is moving to New York City where her husband lives. She will continue working on math curriculum.
If you have any questions about any of these updates, please reach out to us directly. We are incredibly proud of all of these team members and extremely grateful for all of their work for our community.
Finally, there is no school on Monday, May 27th for Memorial Day. We look forward to welcoming all students back on campus on Tuesday for the last nine days of school.
Wren, Ava, and Adelaide
Please visit Summit Shasta on Facebook and follow us on Instagram at @SummitShastaOfficial.